Thursday, June 24, 2010

I Can Hold That for You

I went to go tutor at a kid's house last week and I made the brilliant decision to carry about fifty pounds worth of stuff with me. This was particularly annoying because I had to walk the endless journey from their house to the train station. This is beside the fact I got painfully lost and wandered around for over an hour...oy, long story.

Anyway, I was holding onto an unwieldy book and a half drunk bottle of water and no good place to put either of them.

What I would've given to have someone standing with me, with a big purse or a shopping bag or just generous and giving arms that would've hoisted my big ass book out of my sweaty shaking hands and carried it for me.

What's better than having someone offer to hold your stuff in a time of need? Say you're in line for an amazing roller coaster and you've got a huge stuffed bunny in your arms...oh you'll take that, why thank you? I'm carrying a heavy bag of groceries and you're feeling extra strong today...and you'll grab my milk, bless your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment